"shared mem size" parameter and smbstatus

Jay D. Anderson Jay.Anderson at dw.deere.com
Thu Jul 15 18:08:17 GMT 1999

I am trying to use the "shared mem size" parameter in Samba 2.0.4b, but
the size reported by smbstatus does not match the value I am using.

Without the parameter, the default is 1MB, and the size reported by
smbstatus is indeed 1048576.  However, when I set the value of "shared
mem size" to 5242880 (5MB), smbstatus says 879608.  Is smbstatus not
reporting the actual size, or is this accurate and the shared memory
size has actually been reduced instead of increased?

Thanks.

Jay D. Anderson                         John Deere Davenport Works
Jay at Deere.com                           P.O. Box 4198
Phone: 319.388.4268 Fax: 319.388.4159   Davenport, Iowa 52808
http://www.dw.deere.com/~hz01930  http://web.infoave.net/~jaya