samba-2.0.2 compile error

Stephen L Arnold arnold.steve at ensco.com
Thu Jul 15 16:59:56 GMT 1999

When the world was young, Hongwei Li <hongwei at morpheus.wustl.edu>
carved some runes like this:

> I try to compile samba-2.0.2 on a linux box (RedHat 6.0).  The command
> /configure did not show any error.  Then, when I run make, most parts are
> okay until near the end:
>
> Compiling printing/printing.c
> printing/printing.c: In function `parse_lpq_bsd':
> printing/printing.c:266: `__ERROR__XX__NEVER_USE_STRCAT___' undeclared
> (first us e in this function)
[snip]
> Can somebody tell me what is wrong?  I appreciate all the help!

I assume you have the full linux source tree installed (and in the
right place)?  If so, then maybe your samba source package is
damaged?  Usually, the above type make errors indicate either an
incomplete set of sources, or missing include/header files.  And
you should probably inspect the makefile generated by configure
just in case...

Steve