Samba 1 vs. 2, locking and Windows Terminal Server Edition

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Tue Jul 13 12:41:49 GMT 1999

> I have tried setting "nt smb support = no" and that indeed does appear to
> take care of the problem.  Thanks bringing it to my attention.  Evidently,
> attempting to provide this feature has broken smbd with regard to WTSE.

I can only conclude that WTSE is using a heuristic based on whether
the server suports NT SMBs to decide on how it will deal with locking
and maybe even whether it uses multiple virtual circuits or a single
VC.

I'd like to do some testing on this myself but I doubt I'll get time
for a month or two as I have a bunch of conferences and other stuff
on.

Anyway, I'm glad that you have a fix.

Cheers, Tridge