Configuring samba server and Win95 client

Bindingnavile, Vinuthananda (CTS) BVinutha at CHN.CTS-CORP.COM
Tue Jul 13 07:45:02 GMT 1999

Hi,
I think this is a very simple situation but I need help in this matter asap.
I have a linux m/c running samba-2.0.2. This is on a n/w controlled by a Win
NT PDS. But I don't want Win NT to do the login authentication. So i've
configured samba to act as a file server doing the login checking but i've
not included it in the NT domain. Is this correct? And if so how do I
configure my Win 95 clients to access the samba server so that it does the
passwd verification and not the NT server.
Waiting for an answer soon.
Thanx in adv for any solutions.

B. Vinuthananda
Research & Development
Cognizant Technology Solutions
1st Floor, T.S.140, No 2 & 9,
C.P.T. Road, Taramani,
Chennai - 600 113
Tamil Nadu,
India.
Tel : 91 44 2354821/235 4411  Ext : 4412
email : bvinutha at chn.cts-corp.com