2.0.4b: logrotate problems with rh60

Giulio Orsero giulioo at tiscalinet.it
Mon Jul 12 17:03:48 GMT 1999

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 01:48:56 +1000, hai scritto:

>Logrotate runs as one of the cron.daily jobs (check logrotate.conf,
>/etc/logrotate.d, crontab).  I think it runs in the wee hours of
>the morning (but you can change it to anything you want).
Since some of my customers shut down the machine during night hours I have to
run logrotate "by day".
Don't want to study anacron...

>I'm not sure what the deal is with samba 2.0.x; my 1.9.18 setup
>works fine with the HUP signal and logrotate.  Maybe you should try
>2.0.4b (or the latest snapshot).  Isn't bleeding on the edge fun?
I have 2.0.4b and pre2.0.5.
Are you sayng that you can:
1) move the log.smb file elsewhere
2) killall -1 smbd
and it recreates a new log.smb?
Does it recreate it at once or after smbd serves a file?

>As far as open files and samba restarts, feel free to test it (and
>let us know what happens).
Please... I already have the oplock_break problem... :-)  it reappeared
yesterday after a "clean" week :-(

Thanks.

giulioo at tiscalinet.it