'path' entry and printing in smb.conf

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Wed Jul 7 11:26:05 GMT 1999

> The man page for smb.conf seems to suggest that I do need a path
> entry, so should this be the same as the spool directory defined in
> /etc/printcap, or do they need to be different??

it should be different from the one in /etc/printcap. Not because Samba
will mind, but your print system may get confused if it finds
unexpected files in its spool area.

You can use the same directory for all your Samba printers though,
many people just set them all to /tmp. For tidyness you may wish to
create a /var/spool/samba and use that for all Samba printers.

Cheers, Tridge

--
Andrew Tridgell (tridge at linuxcare.com)   Linuxcare, at the Center of Linux
Phone/Fax: +61 2 6254 9673               Mobile: +61 412 666 929