Multiple personalities

Jim E. Bramlette jbramlet at poci.amis.com
Tue Jul 6 22:39:24 GMT 1999

I am trying to use samba 2.0.3 and gain "multiple personalities" from
one server.  Browse wise, I would like to see ftp and web.  Share wise,
I would like ftp to show only "incoming" and "outgoing" and web to show
"web".  I have played with "config file = ", cutting out pieces of the
below smb.conf and putting them into smb.conf.ftp and smb.conf.web but
it doesn't seem to be working.  I am close?  The below config works, but
the web admin doesn't want anyone getting confused by \\ftp\web or
\\web\incoming.  Any comments are more than welcome!

ps - the below config is working great, (minus the "config file ="), to
allow evil PC users access to the Unix ftp and web repositories without
giving them a Unix account!.

TIA :)
Jim Bramlette
System Administrator
American Microsystems, Inc

[global]

  load printers = no
  guest account =  bob
  security = domain
  encrypt passwords = true
  password server = srv1

  netbios name = ftp
  netbios aliases = web
  wins server = xxx.xx.xx.x
  workgroup = MY_NT
  domain master = no
  local master = no
  preferred master = no
  os level = 65

  config file = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.%L

[web]
   path=/usr/local/ntusers/%U
   force user = bob
    guest ok = yes