Granting Access Rights

John Fleming johnf at gis.dep.state.nj.us
Fri Jan 29 19:19:19 GMT 1999

Problem;

We need to modify access rights on the Unix server so that when file(s) are
created in a directory the file(s) get the group (rw-) access privileges.
When creating files in Unix the files do receive the group (rw-) access
rights.  However, files created on a PC with WINDOWS 95 within the same
directory will not receive the group (rw-) access rights.

We have added the following to the smb.conf file:

	[newsletter]
		comment = newsletter
		path = /some/newsletter
		valid users = @staff @editors
		read only = yes
		write list = @editors

Any assistance in resolving this matter, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

John Fleming
GIS Spec/Sys. Admin.
New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
Johnf at gis.dep.state.nj.us