No Network Neighborhood Appearance

Paul L. Lussier plussier at nortelnetworks.com
Mon Jan 25 22:36:30 GMT 1999

In a message dated: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 08:22:33 +1100
"Allen Papapetrou" said:

>	This is my first SAMBA 2.0.0.0 install under AIX 4.3.1.  I can find the
>server in Win95 via menus START:Find:Computer.  If I double click the
>Network Neighborhood icon the SAMBA AIX server is not showing.  Should it
>work this way?

Do you have a WINS server on that subnet?  Are you registering with a WINS
server?  Are you acting as a Browse Master?

If you're the only system on that subnet that's broadcasting NetBeui traffic
then you probably need to act as a local browse master.  If you're not the
only one on that subnet, then you may need to advertise yourself to
a WINS server.
--

Seeya,
Paul
plussier at baynetworks.com
Broadband Technology Division - Bay Networks (now a Nortel Company, Eh? :)