Printing Problem

Stephen L Arnold arnold.steve at ensco.com
Mon Jan 25 20:15:07 GMT 1999

When the world was young, Chakaphan Supacharuwong carved some runes
like this:

>  I am new for Samba. I have Samba server which run on Redhat 5.0. I read
> printer_driver.txt. I follow all the steps in document. When I test print
> from Win95, it print out the header on one page(Win95 logo and Window 95
> Printer Test Page"). Then, it prints out the message body that cannot read
> on the other page. I do not know what is wrong in my smb config file.

It sounds like the CR/LF thing.  If so, it's not a problem in
smb.conf, but in your printer setup.  What happens when you print a
text file from the RedHat side?  Did you setup the printer with the
RedHat printtool (in control-panel)?  If so, did you check the
option "fix stair-step text" for the input filter for the desired
printer?  If you use this method to setup an SMB printer under
RedHat, it should work fine.

Steve

Stephen L. Arnold                     arnold.steve at ensco.com

Linux:  It's not just for nerds anymore...