solaris 2.6 printing

Gene L Reynolds GYR at inel.gov
Mon Jan 25 20:26:27 GMT 1999

 I have ran across a problem
that I cant resolve and no one else seems to either.  I recently built
solaris 2.6  on
an ULTRA 1 Sun Box.  I retrieved compiled and installed samba  2.0 from
their web site
I compiled with gcc and everything works well except for the printing.
Samba does deliver a file in my /var/spool/smbprint dir but nothing happens
from there no matter what lp  or other commands I give to the print
command.
Seems like maybe samba doesnt  have the %s variable loaded or is dead
on print command = portion  as I have tried to copy mv and print from that
command line. I have checked all my file permissions and they seem ok
any ideas anyone Thank you.      I have also tried setting up an account
that was different than  the nobody acct  but to no avail..........