What kind of system works best?

Peter Debus pdebus at turing.une.edu.au
Sun Jan 24 22:39:54 GMT 1999

There is a heap of info about RAID. Only some RAID hardware is supported,
You must read the HOWTOs and other recources to find out if the supllied
DELL hardware is supported. DPT RAID hardware, there are others, is well
supported.

A little light reading:

 http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/mini/DPT-Hardware-RAID.html
 http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/Root-RAID-HOWTO.html
 http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/mini/Software-RAID.html
  RAID at linas.org:
  http://linas.org/linux/raid.html

also check out the following for general and Linux specific
RAID discussions.

http://www.uni-mainz.de/~neuffer/scsi/

If you are unsure about the Dell hardware, try a search on
Deja news, someone may have been over that territory before.

--
Peter Debus
Computer Systems Administrator

Ph: 61 (0)267 73 2412 Fax: 61 (0)267 73 3312