smbwrapper

Wilfried Landschuetz wilfried at we5x05.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de
Sat Jan 23 14:08:09 GMT 1999

> What you are looking for is smbwrapper, which is in fact included with
Samba
> 2.0.  However as it is not supported on all systems it is not included
> in the default build (it should work nicely on Solaris though).

> Essentially smbwrapper is a preloaded library which intercepts system
calls and
> simulates a /smb filesystem, so you can access /smb/SERVER/SHARE/file.txt.

> If you are interested in trying this out you need to "make smbwrapper".

>    Matt

This sounds very interesting, but where can I find information how to use
this smbwrapper library?

( A grep of 'wrap' in all samba-source and -doc files didn't succeed)

Wilfried

Wilfried Landschuetz

Physikalisches Institut           Universitaetsklinik Wuerzburg
Experimentelle Physik 5           MR-Tomographie
Am Hubland                        Josef-Schneider-Str. 2
97074 Wuerzburg                   97080 Wuerzburg

0931/888-5864                     0931/201-3473 <- try this one first
                                          -3518
                                  FAX     -3471

email:                              landschuetz at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de
additional email-adress at Siemens: landwipd at s20c52.med.siemens.de