Dave and Samba 2.0

Iain Gray iain.gray at srl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 22 12:04:17 GMT 1999

Hi All

I have just upgraded from  to Samba 2.0.0 from 1.9.18p8.

Everything seems cool except my macintosh clients (running Dave v2.0 and
v2.1) are not now able to access anything from the samba shares.

The samba server still appears in chooser and you can select any share
and mount it, but there appears to be nothing in it and you cannot copy
anything to it. My other netbios machines on the network (various Win95
boxes) are fine and can be accessed by the Macs.

Here is the global setting for my smb.conf and a share- everything else
is as default.

[global]
        comment = Samba Server austen
        domain master = yes
        ;debug level = 3
        netbios name = AUSTEN
        workgroup = MYGROUP
        ;dead time = 15
        dont descend = /proc,/dev
        max log size = 50
        locking = yes
        lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
        print command = /usr/bin/lp -c -d%p %s; rm %s
        lpq command = /usr/bin/lpstat -o%p
        lprm command = /usr/bin/cancel %p-%j
        share modes = yes
        local master = yes