Samba-2.0.0 : configure problem with SunOs 4.1.x

Balam A. Willemsen balamw at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 21 15:01:50 GMT 1999

Hi all,

I'm having a somewhat different problem.

samba-2.0.0 configures just fine on my SunOS 4.1.3/gcc 2.7.2.3 box, but the
build complains about redefinition problems in termios.h and ioctl.h. In
order to get it to stop complaining I had to kill all references to
termios.h termio.h and sys/termio.h in config.h as they all seem to load
termios.h on my system.

However, even then I don't get an executable that works! smbclient can talk
to the server, but NT 4.0 SP3 can't. It's back to 1.9.18p10 for now, until
I get a chance to play around with 2.0.0 a bit more.

When I first got the codebase from the CVS server I ended up with a
2.1.0-prealpha which seemed to configure, build and work OK but I'd rather
not run a prealpha version on this server...

At some point I internd on replacing SunOS 4.1.3 with RedHat Sparc 5.2 on
that machine, so maybe the problems will go away then. ;-)

Balam
(A very happy samba user for more than 4 years! Keep up the great work!)