Samba-2.0.0 configure problems on DYNIX/ptx 4.4.2

Wayne Bastow wbastow at ccahs.health.nsw.gov.au
Thu Jan 21 04:14:26 GMT 1999

I am trying to build samba on the above OS and am having trouble getting
the configure script to complete:

samba-2.0.0/source\ > ./configure
     .
     .
     .
checking for test routines... configure: error: cant find test code.
Aborting config
samba-2.0.0/source\ >

samba-2.0.0/source\ >tail -6 config.log
configure:7966: checking for test routines
configure:7975: cc -o conftest    conftest.c -lsec -linet -lnsl  1>&5
configure: failed program was:
#line 7971 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include "./tests/trivial.c"

So I created a conftest.c with the three lines above i.e.:
#line 7971 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include "./tests/trivial.c"

samba-2.0.0/source\ > cc -o conftest    conftest.c -lsec -linet -lnsl
samba-2.0.0/source\ > ./conftest
dynamic linker: ./conftest: can't find libinet.so, link with -lsocket
instead of -linet
Killed
samba-2.0.0/source\ > cc -o conftest    conftest.c -lsec -lsocket -lnsl
samba-2.0.0/source\ > ./conftest
samba-2.0.0/source\ >

So the problem is with the -linet in the compile. How do I get configure
to use socket instead of inet? Has anyone built samba-2.0.0 on
DYNIX/ptx-4.4.2?

Thanks in advance,
Wayne Bastow
Central Coast Area Health Service