files not truncating with Samba 2.0

Chad Campbell Chad.Campbell at innovision.com
Wed Jan 20 20:13:59 GMT 1999

We seem to be having problems with files not being truncated after being
modified in some Windows apps.  We have verified this occuring in
HoTMetaL Pro 4.0 and it has been reported but not reproduced in Visual
C++ 6.0.  We're running Samba 2.0 with Solaris 7.0.  Is anyone aware of
such a problem with Solaris?  The list archives have some messages about
this sort of thing occuring in VMS, but they don't really offer a
definitive solution to the problem.

Thanks,

Chad

--
Chad Campbell
Software Engineer, Innovision Corporation
Chad.Campbell at innovision.com
(913)226-8700