long passwords

Gregory Hosler gregory.hosler at eno.ericsson.se
Wed Jan 20 03:36:39 GMT 1999

Hi,

I am noting a change in behavior with respect to long (> 8 characters)
passwords on our HP-UX 10.20 samba 2.0.0 server.

Prior versions of samba accepted these without a problem. samba 2.0.0
is rejecting all login's of users with passwords of > 8 characters.

may I know, is there a way to restore the older long-password support ?

thanks, and rgds,

-Greg

E-Mail: Gregory Hosler <gregory.hosler at eno.ericsson.se>
Date: 20-Jan-99
Time: 10:57:289

"And where were you at 00:00:00 GMT, January 1, 1970?"

--
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.