security hole in 2.0.0 ???

Stephan Hendl Stephan.Hendl at mpz-brandenburg.nubb.dfn.de
Mon Jan 18 10:39:46 GMT 1999

hi anybody,

I just upgraded to the final release 2.0.0 and got some problems.

I the [homes]-section I have to set "writable = Yes" in order to get
write access to my home-directory. Unfortunately this allows me to
delete a file that was created originally by root. But this is not
actually what I want. In 1.9.18p10 the unix file permissions were at the
top level and I couldn't do such things.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Stephan

here ist my configuration:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from nubb (10.1.5.6)
# Date: 1999/01/18 10:50:29

# Global parameters
        workgroup = ARCHIV
        netbios name = KRUG
        interfaces = 10.1.5.3/255.255.0.0
        bind interfaces only = Yes
        log file = /usr/local/samba/log/log.%m
        name resolve order = lmhosts hosts wins bcast
        local master = No
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = 10.1.5.2
        socket address = 10.1.5.3