2 virtual servers?

Florian G. Pflug fgp at fgp.priv.at
Mon Jan 18 10:15:52 GMT 1999

On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 09:08:09PM +1100, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> he at sectra.se (Henrik Ejderholm) writes:
>
> > Works fine if you use the "socket address" option, diffrent addresses for
> > each server. We're currently using such configuration in our HA-clusters.
>
> Really? I tried that, but nmblookup only worked for the name of nmbd
> started second. The nmbd started first probably did not receive the
> broadcasts anymore. I had 2 UDP sockets on 0.0.0.0:137. BTW, this is
> under Linux 2.0.36. Maybe this is an area where the OS really matters.
Hi

You have to configure two different ip-address for your interface (there is
support for this in the kernel - the interfaces are named eth0:0 ,eth0:1
,...). Then each nmbd has to have its own config-files, which includes
"socket address=<one if the virtual addresses>". Of course, each nmbd has to
use it's own virtual address.

                                          Greetings, Florian Pflug