Samba-2.0.0 Binary Packages

John Terpstra jht at samba.anu.edu.au
Sat Jan 16 10:14:34 GMT 1999

The Samba-Team is pleased to make known that the following
binary packages of samba-2.0.0 are now available from our
ftp mirror sites.

While this is a good effort so far, there is a need for
additional binary packages.

This is a call for contributions of outstanding packages.

Packages available now:
=======================

1) Sun Solaris x86 Version 2.6 (binary kit, not Sun Pkg format)
2) Digital Unix 3.2g and 4.0d (binary kit, not Digital Pkg format)
3) IRIX
4) Linux: (all in RPM format)
	SuSU 5.3 and 6.0
	TurboLinux 3.0.1 English Desktop
	Red Hat 5.2 - Intel and Alpha[A

Packages requested:
===================

AIX 4.2 / 4.3
Caldera Open Linux
BSDi Unix
FreeBSD 2.6 / 2.7 or later
HP/UX all versions
SCO Unix 4.2 and 5.0.4
SCO UnixWare
Sinix
Bull
VMS
Debian Linux
Slackware Linux
MVS
Solaris Sparc 2.3, 2.4, 2.6, 2.7

If your favourite platform is not listed then PLEASE feel free to
add it to the list. Someone will benefit from it.

If you can help by providing one or more of the above binary
packages please contact me at jht at samba.org before contributing
so that we can coordinate your efforts and avoid needless duplication.

In the packaging directory of the Samba-2.0.0 tarball you will find
a directory called "Example". Please check it's contents and familiarise
yourself with the preferred procedure for building a contributed binary
package. We regret the necessity to lay down an example. A standard is
vitally important for handling of bug_reports and your cooperation
by providing packages that contain at least the example information
will be much appreciated by those who handle users who have problems
with installation and / or use of contributed binary files.

Thank you for your attention.

Enjoy.
Cheers,
John H Terpstra