samba-netlogon

Joel Knight jwknight at cyberlink.bc.ca
Fri Jan 15 02:27:27 GMT 1999

On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 04:18:47AM +1100, silvino wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I'm having a problem with a windows95 client under Samba server
> 1.9.17p4.
>
> I've created a bat file, named user1.bat, user1 is the name of
> the ordinary user in use, under the home directory:
> /home/samba/netlogon. The matter is that when windows logs the
> bat file is not loaded automatically. The commands inside of it
> are very simple, as shown in the list below:
>
> NET TIME \\sambahost /SET /YES
> NET USE E: \\sambahost\user1

< snip >

I assume that you've setup the netlogon share on the samba server :)

Check to make sure that you have 'domain logons = yes' in your global
section as well as 'login script = %U.bat' (where %U gets replaced with
the username when they login).

 Joel Knight                                  jwknight at cyberlink.bc.ca

 PGP Key: hkp://keys.pgp.com/jwknight@cyberlink.bc.ca
 KeyID 2048/38C24864
 Fingerprint 6D7D 1E4F 728B ACDA 6557  F3EC 85BB BA7C 38C2 4864