Master Browser?

Stephen L Arnold arnold.steve at ensco.com
Wed Jan 13 23:50:46 GMT 1999

When the world was young, Ashley Drees carved some runes like this:

> I recently changed the IP address of my Samba server, when I had
> finished and all seemed well I could no longer see the server in the
> browse list of the win95 clients.

[snip]

I know I saw this one in the digest a while back (see the mailing
list archives).  I believe you need to delete the BROWSE.DAT and
WINS.DAT files (under /var/lock/samba in RedHat) and restart smbd
and nmbd.  Of course, I could be seriously confused...

Stephen L. Arnold                        Senior Systems Engineer
ENSCO Inc.                        email:  arnold.steve at ensco.com
P.O. Box 5488                         www:  http://www.ensco.com
Vandenberg AFB, CA  93437             voice: 805.734.8232 x68838
                                               fax: 805.734.4779
#include <std_disclaimer.h>