SAMBA 1.9.18p10 problem

Wat, Andrew (Hong Kong) andrew_wat at hk.ml.com
Wed Jan 13 01:36:09 GMT 1999

Let me clarify that my problem is with "user level authentication" with
persistent connection stored in user profile in NT 4.

I resolved the problem by using "share level authentication" or
"passthru authentication" (thru another NT server). It seems that
different NT (network) has different behavior. I have no problem in
using "user level authentication" in my previous site but I have
consistent problem over here.

I have also verified that if my NT box is *not* using the NT domain
authentication i.e. local a/c, the "user level security" is ok. :-) So I
think it is due to largely on the NT (Domain) side. It is the same
behavior with Samba 1.9.18p8 and p10.

As I am not the NT admin in this site, I cannot dig more on this.

I cc this to the samba list and see if others are having similar problem
and clue on this.

Thanks
Andrew