hide dot files?

Christian Barth barth at cck.uni-kl.de
Tue Jan 12 07:57:27 GMT 1999

> Hi all.  I have 'hide dot files = yes' in my [homes] section, but it
> doesn't seem to work correctly.  What could I be doing wrong?  I'm using
> 2.0.0beta5, but I recall it not working with 1.9.x either...
Some of this "good, new Microsoft-Programms" like the Explorer or the
commen "Open-File-Box" display hidden files as default.
Start the good old file-manager, using "winfile", play with the
Display Options, display the status-bits of the files, ...

Just a thought, because 'hide dot files = yes' works for me.

Christian