2.0beta5 for SCO-compilation error

Stephen Davies scldad at sdc.com.au
Tue Jan 12 04:56:20 GMT 1999

I have been building 2.0beta5 on a SCO OS5 box using ggg 2.7.1 and get
the following error (every time rpc_msg.h is included).

Compiling smbd/connection.c
In file included from /usr/include/rpc/rpc.h:42,
                 from include/includes.h:317,
                 from smbd/connection.c:22:
/usr/include/rpc/rpc_msg.h:54: parse error before `1'
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

The problem is with the word AUTH_ERROR but I do not know why. If I change
AUTH_ERROR to any other value (eg auth_ERROR) the compilation completes
without error - just the warnings:

Compiling smbd/password.c
smbd/password.c: In function `setup_groups':
smbd/password.c:167: warning: comparison is always 0 due to limited range of data type
smbd/password.c:167: warning: comparison is always 0 due to limited range of data type

The same code compiles without error under Linux so I can only assume that
there is something funny about the SCO headers.

The binaries that I get after changing AUTH_ERROR seem to work just fine.

Cheers and thanks,
Stephen Davies