Large companies using SAMBA ?

Paul L. Lussier plussier at BayNetworks.COM
Mon Jan 11 16:12:43 GMT 1999

In a message dated: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 00:53:54 +1100
vincent.ceriani at eyc.be said:

>I've install Samba on AIX 3.2.5 and I'd like to know if there are large
>companies using Samba ?

Yeah, there are a lot of companies using Samba.

>What's the size of your company ?
>How many users ?
>Do you know a limit of Samba ? (performances)

Well, I'm using it here at the Broadband Technology Division of Nortel
Networks.
We have about 150 users here, and I love it.

I Nortel Corp. in Ottowa, Canada is using it, but I don't know what their
configuration is, or anything else, other than they are using it. Nortel
world-wide is 70,000+ people, but I don't know how many of them rely upon
Samba.  Most probably don't know it even if they do !

I also know Cisco heavily relies upon Samba, but I don't know much more than
that.

Hope that helps.

--

Seeya,
Paul
plussier at baynetworks.com
Broadband Technology Division - Bay Networks (now a Nortel Company, Eh? :)