ash at gn.apc.org
Mon Jan 11 15:26:19 GMT 1999
I recently changed the IP address of my Samba server, when I had
finished and all seemed well I could no longer see the server in the
browse list of the win95 clients. I have all the clients configured
using DHCP and all the clients seem to have the correct configuration
and all function.
I could not attach to the server using its netbios name, but I could
using its IP address...
net use . I have managed to get all the clients working by adding the
server into the lmhosts file, and making it preload. The version of
samba I am using is 1.9.18p10-3, RHL 5.2.
I have set it as master browser, preferred browsmaster, I have the
netbios name in the config file.
More information about the samba