beta5 configure problems on Solaris

David Collier-Brown davecb at Canada.Sun.COM
Mon Jan 11 15:49:23 GMT 1999

Daniel Eischen <eischen at vigrid.com> wrote:
| At any rate, this patch will get it to configure properly,
| but isn't deemed to be the correct way to fix the seemingly
| brokeness for non gcc-2.8 compilers.

	Changing  CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
	to CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE" indeed fixes
	the gcc 2.7.x compilers, **and is harmless**.

	Alas, it's different from both my and Sun's reccomendations,
	in which we're picky about how to implement large files.

	I strongly reccomend the newer compilers, as they allow
	Samba to do 64 bits the pedantic way (:-))

--dave
Willowdale, Ontario   | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb
Work: (905) 477-0437 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com