Printing to PC's with no form feed

Malcolm Burtt malcolm at eurogen.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 5 14:51:38 GMT 1999

I have a binary release of Samba version 1.9.16p11 running on SCO Open
Server 5 and I'm using smbclient to print text files to shared PC
printers. This works great except for one thing; smbclient insists on
appending a form feed to the end of each print job. For my particular
application I cannot have form feeds appended so my questions are....

1. Is there a way of suppressing the form feed through some command line
switch for example.

2. Failing that is there anyone out there who could supply me a
replacement binary of smbclient for my platform with the additional form
feed character hacked out of the print routine.

Thanks in advance

Malcolm Burtt.