How to hook WIN-NT client and WIN-95 client to Samba on Solaris2.5.1 ?

William Stuart william at hae.com
Mon Jan 4 23:08:24 GMT 1999

You need to make sure you are running the "Client for Microsoft Networks"
and the TCP/IP protocol.

If you are only running the Novell client, it won't work because SAMBA
emulates the NT protocols not the Novell protocols.  Furthermore, it doesn't
run IPX/SPX so you need to make sure you are running TCP/IP.

Another way to tell if you are on the right track is if you can see and
share files between your windows machines directly.

HTH

---
William Stuart (william at hae.com)