Samba problem

Randy Edwards redwards at golgotha.net
Sun Jan 3 17:04:20 GMT 1999

> But my password will not me accepted. I have logged in as user "root"
> with a given password on  both computers.

   The root account is a bad test account.  Many programs (I'm not sure about
Samba) will deny access to the root account across the network.  This is a
security feature.

   Make up or pick a regular user's account, make sure you're using the same
password on the Windows machine as the Linux box, and give that a try.

--
 Regards,                | Why would anyone want to run an operating
 .                       | system that is open source and is developed