nt4 workstation <--> samba slow login problem

ravi narayan ravi at streamcenter.com
Sun Feb 28 20:35:04 GMT 1999

hi folks,

a while ago i posted a question to the list asking for help with my problem:
the login process (while mapping a samba network drive on my nt4 system) was
really slow. someone suggested DNS and another person suggested to make sure
the TCP/IP protocols were at the top of my protocol list. using these tips,
i snooped around a bit more and i now have made the situation a lot better.
my fix was to completely disable various nwlink protocols for netware
access. this made things a lot better.

thanks to all those who responded!

	-- ravi