SAMBA digest 2000

Greg Sullivan gsully at istar.ca
Sun Feb 28 02:27:01 GMT 1999

I was wondering if someone here could point me in the write direction.  I
have tried to compile Samba version 1.9.18p8, 1.9.18p10 and 2.0.2.  With
each one of these versions, I have experienced the same problem.  When I
get to compiling the passdb.c file, the system works on it for a bit and
then comes back with the following:

Compiling passdb/passdb.c
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6
make: *** [passdb/passdb.o] Error 1

Any hints on how to solve this problem would be much appreciated as I would
really like to be able to compile my own Samba versions in stead of having
to use the precompiled version of 1.9.18p8 that I have.

Thanks.
Sully

   Greg Sullivan		gsully at istar.ca
       "Sully"		   http://home.istar.ca/~fosteryv