Samba failing to start!

Nidge Jones ush at nikel.co.uk
Fri Feb 26 13:35:34 GMT 1999

Hi there,

Each time I try to start my samba, I get this error in my log..

bind failed on port 139 socket_addr=0.0.0.0 (Address already in use)

I am unsure how to cure this, and allow smbd to start correctly. nmbd and
smbd always ran as deamons on my Debian 2.0 system, but now a 'ps aux'
fails to show 'smbd' although nmbd is still there.

I am unsure what I may have changed to create this problem, it used to work
OK!

Ideas on what might be the problem!!

Thanks in advance.

(please Cc any replies to me direct, so I see them quicker :) )

--
Nidge Jones