Browsing

jonc at irss.unc.edu jonc at irss.unc.edu
Thu Feb 25 18:36:42 GMT 1999

Everyone,

I have Samba 2.0.2 running under Solaris 2.6 and I can connect with no
problems under UNIX with the smbclient. Below is the response I get
when logging in .

/usr/local/samba/bin %smbclient //vance.irss.unc.edu/jonc
Added interface ip=152.2.32.88 bcast=152.2.255.255 nmask=255.255.0.0
Password:
Domain=[] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.0.2]
smb: \> exit

This seems OK but none of the PC at our site can see the server either
in network neighborhood or with the command line net view  or
net use XXXXXX .  A run of testparm seems to run OK.

We are on a flat network with no router the PC are even on the same
switch as the server. I must have something very simple wrong in
my conf file . I have tried both the inetd  and deamons method for
startup with no difference. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks from a newbie!

Jon Crabtree