Problems with server=domain

Johan Roos roos at goofy.rsn.hk-r.se
Wed Feb 24 14:27:19 GMT 1999

I compiled samba 2.0.2 on a intel RedHat 5.2 machine successfully. I then
set
up the machine according to the DOMAIN_MEMBER.html instructions to join my
domain. Everything seemed ok so far, i got the message:

change_trust_account_password: Changed password for domain INFO.
smbpasswd: Joined domain INFO

So far OK, right.

I set up the smb.conf like this. The options in Global that are commented
out
has all been tried in various combinations. I use no smbpasswd file as i
want
the authentification done by ARCH. ARCH and BERMUDA are both NT4sp3
machines.

# Global parameters
        workgroup = INFO
        netbios name = RUT
        server string = Byggdoks testsambaserver f<F6>r webben
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = ARCH BERMUDA
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY
#       domain groups = W3_BD
        dns proxy = No
#       wins server = 193.10.7.19
#       domain logons = no
#       hosts allow = 193.10.7. 127.0.0.1

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        browseable = No

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        print ok = Yes
        browseable = No

[byggdok]
        path = /home/httpd/byggdok
        read only = No

[byggtorg]
        path = /home/httpd/byggtorg
        read only = No

RUT (samba machine) shows up ok in ARCHs and BERMUDAs "server manager" and
properties works fine on them and RUT shows upp in the "Network
Neighbourhood".
Still OK, right.

Now the problems starts, when a user on an NT-machine on our network try
access the shares on RUT he gets promted for password and username
allthough it
works fine on other servers getting their authentication through ARCH and
BERMUDA. If I add a user on RUT with smbpasswd -a that user can access the
shares but the smbclient then reports that the server is in user mode.

Please help.

/Roos