Default group for new files/directories

Kaman Wong kaman at databyte.com
Wed Feb 24 01:25:52 GMT 1999

Hi,

I created a Samba share on a UNIX system. I mapped to the share from my NT
station with user 'kaman', who has a primary group of 'staff' in the UNIX
system. All files/directories I created from NT on the share has a group of
'sys'. How can I have it default to whichever group the user is connected
as, 'staff' in this case? I tried 'force group = staff' but no luck. Is
'force group' available on Samba 1.9.18p7?

I am using Samba 1.9.18p7. The smb.conf file looks like:

[global]
security = server

[MYSHARE]
	path = ...