compiler error w/ samba-2.0.2

Herbert Rosmanith herp at wildsau.idv.uni-linz.ac.at
Sat Feb 20 03:51:37 GMT 1999

Compiling smbd/trans2.c
smbd/trans2.c, line 1746: compiler error: no table entry for op REG
cc: iropt failed, iropt & cg passes skipped for smbd/trans2.c
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `smbd/trans2.o'

bash-2.01# uname -a
SunOS moon 5.6 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1

bash-2.01# which cc
/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc

please dont tell me to install gcc. I dont think it makes sense to install
a different compiler to get some compile done.

by the way, I already commented out some "DEBUG" statement, because iropt
told me it "causes compiler to loop", "statement too compilicated, try
simplifying". I think an #if 0 is simple enough :->

/herp