SUMMARY Samba losing track of loged in machines?

Ariel_Orellana at penoles.com.mx Ariel_Orellana at penoles.com.mx
Fri Feb 19 16:26:34 GMT 1999

Hi all,

I had to try the solution out for a few days to make sure that was the
problem.

Thanks go to:
Manjeet rekhims at ecae.stortek.com
Matthew Powell MPowell at LIMITED.com

Who both pointed to the "dead time = x" paramteter.  However, the
windoze client should reconnect automatically even if it has lost the
connection.  This probably points to the client being broken (big
surprise, huh?).  I don't really want to reinstall right now so I just
doubled the dead time parameter from 15 to 30 minutes, as opposed to
setting it to 0 as I still want to disconnect dead clients.

Ariel