Password for IPC$ ?? Can't browse.

Robert Schratzer rs at tulpe.net
Wed Feb 17 17:17:08 GMT 1999

I'm trying to turn on password encryption. I went thru mksmbpasswd and
then set the passwords for 2 users with smbpasswd. One with a password
and one with no password (guest).
I can see the server in my Win95 NN but as soon as I doubleclick on it
I'am asked for the \\server\IPC$ (what is this anyway?) password. If I'm
logged in as the user I use it's password, If I'm logged in as guest I
don't type a password.
No matter what I do: Win95 always comes back saying the password is
incorrect.

I'm sure I'm overlooking something. But what? Running Samba 2.0.0 on
SUSE 5.3.

Many thanks in advance for any hints.

--
- robert -