smbclient slow

Michael T. Ledford mikel at amberelectric.com
Mon Feb 15 19:36:19 GMT 1999

Hi all,

I just upgraded to Samba version 2.0.2. This is running on a
homemade box with a linux 2.0.35-1 kernel. It has 128 megs of ram
2 adaptec scsi cards, 2 4.5 gig scsi drives, a 10 MBS NIC, and a Pentium
233 MHZ processor. The problem is during testing with smbclient I am only
able to get 9 kb/s on a put to a win95 box. I get an acceptable
490 kb/s with a get from the same unit. I have tried every setting
I could think of and still the same results. I have tried socket options,
adjusted read/write raw. max xmit, max read. I got MTUspeed off of
the net and tried adjusting the tcp settings on the windoze box.
Can somebody please help me figure this out or tell me what I am
doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike Ledford
mikel at amberelectric.com