SAMBA digest 1985

Bill Nugent whn at topelo.lopi.com
Mon Feb 15 10:56:31 GMT 1999

On Monday, Feb 15 1999 at 11:12:18, samba at samba.org wrote:

>Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 09:21:27 +1100
>From: Adam Weisser <aweisser at kau1.kodak.com>
>Subject: Re: File system shows empty with DAVE 2.1 - FIX
>
>Adam Weisser wrote:
>>
>> Hi all.
>>
>> When I try to mount a file system on a Mac running DAVE 2.1 as OS 8.5,
>> the file system's mount fine, but shows up empty on the desktop.
>
>Thanks to Iain Gray and Matt Chapman for the fix:
>
>> >         fstype = NTFS
>>
>> This is likely to be the problem. Try setting "fstype = FAT".
>>
>>     Matt
>>

>> --
>> Matt Chapman
>> Samba Team

Or you can try setting "fstype = Samba" in the [global] section of
smb.conf.

Or you can contact Thursby and get the test version of Dave v2.1 where
they have fixed this problem (see the thread on samba-ntdom on
Friday/Saturday for more info).  I received the test version over the
weekend and will be trying it out later today...my milage may vary! :-D

	Bill