Problem with Samba caching file contents
kettenbeil at danet.de
Fri Feb 12 12:21:23 GMT 1999
We are using Samba 2.02 on Sun Solaris 2.51 and 2.6 platforms.
Using these as a file server we occasionally have the following
- the file is changed on the file server using standard UNIX tools
while somebody else is editing it
- the other user re-loads the file using a Windows 95 client
- the content of the file seems to be the same as before the change
on the windows client, but is definitively not, if you look at the
This implies to me, that there must be some kind of caching
algorithm implemented in samba, that does not cover the server-
side changes of files - or at least sometimes misses them.
- how can I disable this cache?
- we are using Ultraedit on the clients for editing files - is there any
known issue maybe using this tool or Windows 95 itself ?
- any other ideas, that could help?
Thanks in advance!
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Geschaeftsstelle Telekommunikationstechnologie (TT)
Telefon: 06151 868-190 Fax: 06151 868-264
Email: kettenbeil at danet.de
More information about the samba