samba and pcnfs (#13596)

Roberto Joao Lopes Garcia roberto at mha.com.br
Thu Feb 11 11:47:04 GMT 1999

At 21:47 11/02/99 +1100, you wrote:

I'm upgrading from PCNFS to SAMBA and I had the same problem fixed by
seting up smb.conf like bellow

   mangle case = no
   case sensitive = no
   default case = lower

preserve case = yes
   short preserve case = no

It make all files in the
DOS 8.3 format to be stored in lower case and to preserve case for files
not in DOS 8.3 format. It worke very good for us.

Roberto

Eng. Roberto João Lopes Garcia         E-mail: roberto at mha.com.br
F. 55 11 848 9906   FAX  55 11 848 9955

MHA Engenharia Ltda
E-mail: mha at mha.com.br    WWW: http://www.mha.com.br

Av Maria Coelho Aguiar, 215 Bloco D     2 Andar
Centro Empresarial de Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo - BRASIL - 05805 000