Questions on using Samba for a print server...

Michael R. Conder mconder at analogweb.com
Wed Feb 10 23:14:46 GMT 1999

I am considering replacing out NT print server with Samba.  I have a
single NT domain and all clients are running 400 NT workstations and
around 40 network attached printers.  My question is will the
relationship between my clients, Samba, and the printers act exactly the
same as with the current NT print server?  Will my workstations still be
able to pull all print drivers from the new Samba server as they to with
the NT print server?  Basically, I need the change from my NT print
server to a Samba print server to be transparent to my cleints.  Is this
possible?