Juan Carlos Castro y Castro jcastro at pcshop.com.br
Wed Feb 10 15:16:38 GMT 1999

Mattias Kunkel wrote:

> Is there a free SMB-Client for Apple Macintosh available (I think DAVE is too
> expensive for me).

I know precious little about the Mac, but in case you don't find what
you're looking for here's an alternate solution: use NetWare emulation.
I do know there's a NetWare client for the Mac, for free. You can run
Samba and MarsNWE simultaneously on the same Unix machine, and thus be
able to share files among Mac and PC on the Unix HD.

This is theoretical only. If what I say is a recipe for trouble, please
comment.

--
 ___THE___  One man alone cannot fight the future. USE LINUX!