Samba and roadrunner/remote access?

Dan Kirkpatrick dkirk at suhep.phy.syr.edu
Wed Feb 10 14:50:30 GMT 1999

I have samba setup for our department and it's working fine, with mounting
drives and using printers...

now I want to be able to do the same thing for all faculty with roadrunner
access from home.
I've put the ip xxx.xxx. of the local road runner in the smb.conf file for
hosts to allow, and the machine knows about the server by adding it to
c:\windows\lmhosts.sam
I log in as the user on samba to the remote windows machine... and try to
mount a drive at \\server\username and it says it can't find it.
I can ping the server

Are there any tricks I'm missing specific to roadrunner?
Has anyone gotten samba working both locally, and through remote access?

Thanks!
Dan

Dan Kirkpatrick                        dkirk at phy.syr.edu
Computer Systems Manager