RPM -> .tgz upgrade

alex at avantel.com alex at avantel.com
Tue Feb 9 21:31:34 GMT 1999

Steve is right.  But the answer is pretty easy - just use the RPM to
uninstall the old version.  It will pull out a lot of things you may want
to keep so back up things like your smb.conf, and if you want to keep using
the RH method of starting Samba, keep smb in the init.d directory backed up
- you'll have to edit it to point to the new locations samba has chosen.  I
just went through this a few days ago and it all went pretty easy.

Alex