Printer sharing on SCO

Mark Whitelaw mwhitelw at meditel.co.uk
Tue Feb 9 16:14:29 GMT 1999

I have downloaded version 2.0.2 of Samba and built it on an SCO OpenServer
5.0.2 machine with the SCO development system installed.

Samba filesharing is working fine, however I can't make it use lpstat to get
a list of the local printers.
My smb.log file is showing unable to open printcap name lpstat - which is
the flag that should make it to use the lpstat command instead of a file.

I have set printing type to SYSV using SWAT but still no printers are
showing as shared.
Any help

Mark Whitelaw
mwhitelaw at meditel.co.uk
http://prodigy1/~mwhitelw
Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.- Emo
Phillips

Mark Whitelaw
mwhitelaw at meditel.co.uk
http://prodigy1/~mwhitelw